Relax. We have everything you need to slow down, unwind and make the most of your great outdoors. If your outdoor space is all about lounging around, then look no further than our comfortable and stylish outdoor furniture range, including outdoor sofas and outdoor armchairs. Contemporary or classic, aluminium or timber, let us help you find your ultimate outdoor setting for curling up with a good book, chilling by the pool or just soaking up some sunshine.
Discover your perfect outdoor lounge at Flower Power
Relax. We have everything you need to slow down, unwind and make the most of your great outdoors. If your outdoor space is all about lounging around, then look no further than our comfortable and stylish outdoor lounge furniture range, including outdoor sofas and outdoor armchairs. Contemporary or classic, aluminium or timber, let us help you find your ultimate lounge set for curling up with a good book, chilling by the pool or just soaking up some sunshine.
And don’t forget to take advantage of our Sydney-wide delivery service. You can sit back while we do all the heavy lifting. What could be easier!
How to arrange lounge furniture outdoors
The way you arrange your outdoor lounge furniture will impact the way you use and enjoy your outdoor lounge. There’s no right or wrong way, but here are a few tips for how to arrange lounge furniture in your garden or patio:
- Create a focal point to work as the anchor of your outdoor space. This will probably be your largest pieces of furniture, usually an outdoor lounge set, couch or armchairs. All the other decisions you make about your outdoor space will be led by this.
- Pick your style: symmetrically arranged outdoor lounge furniture creates a more formal entertaining space, while asymmetrical arrangements create a more relaxed and casual environment.
- Use your furniture to direct traffic in a way that makes sense. If there’s only one entry and exit spot, make sure you allow plenty of space there to avoid congestion. Be sure that there’s space to walk around large pieces of furniture and that someone seated at the far end doesn’t have to shift everyone out of their way to use the bathroom. It helps to direct traffic around the seating area rather than through it.
- Don’t limit yourself to one long couch. It’s hard for a group to have an engaging conversation if they’re sitting in a row, so look for corner couches and comfortable single seats that can be pulled in to face the couch to make your outdoor lounge set more versatile.
- Add coffee tables, end tables and ottomans for guests to place drinks and snacks on.
- Keep your sitting area away from the BBQ so you don’t smoke your guests out or risk embers hitting you, but close enough that the person grilling can join the conversation if they like.
- Add accessories! Decorative cushions, rugs, plants and lanterns will add fantastic ambiance to your outdoor lounge.
How to decorate your lounge outdoors
- Choose a rug. They’re a great way to visually add cohesion to a seating area, plus they make a space feel cosy and feel good underfoot. There are plenty of great outdoor rugs available, designed to withstand weather and high traffic while still looking stylish.
- Light it up. We have a huge range of hurricane lamps and outdoor lanterns that you can pop candles into to create instant ambiance around your outdoor lounge. Alternatively, you can string fairy lights around your space – through trees looks particularly lovely – for an Instagram-worthy space. You can get ones designed especially for outdoor spaces, and even solar powered options are available.
- Greenery. You may be lucky enough to already have plants in your outdoor space, but if you’re working with a balcony or concrete courtyard you’ll want to add some here. Large statement potted plants work well as a form of outdoor art, or go all out with a vertical garden or green wall. Hanging planters are also good, as are smaller pots in unused spaces, for a feeling of abundance. Or create privacy with a wall of shrubs between you and the neighbours.
- Get fired up. In place of a coffee table, you may want to place a fire pit in the centre of your outdoor lounge setting. There’s nothing cosier than a little wood fire and a bag of marshmallows in the great outdoors. When not in use, you can put a cover on it and use it as a coffee table.
- Be sun safe. A solid outdoor umbrella makes your space more sun safe – essential for an Australian summer afternoon!
How to decorate a sofa with cushions outdoors
An outdoor lounge set can be hard to decorate, because of the difficult balance between style and practicality. Decorative cushions that are designed for the outdoors are an easy way to add flair practically and inexpensively.
Use cushions to brighten, or even disguise, outdoor lounge furniture. Outdoor furniture is often durable at the cost of style, but you can give outdoor pieces new life by adding a few well placed cushions that will become the focal point of your outdoor setting. Here are a few tips on how to decorate with cushions outside:
Choosing outdoor cushions or bench cushions is a different process than choosing them for inside your house. The purpose of cushions in your living room or bedroom is pulling together all the different elements in a room, but when you’re choosing cushions for your outdoor area there aren’t usually many existing colours and textures, so the purpose of the cushions is to add these to your alfresco area.
You can have a lot of fun with the colours for your outdoor cushions. Choose two or three main colours for your space and work with those, preferably bright, vibrant colours that will set the scene for your outdoor entertaining. Clashing and contrasting colours will work well: try bright blue with warm red, or fuschia with orange and green.
Then choose a variety of styles of cushion – as with indoors, all the same cushions will look formal, so mix and match shapes and sizes. Try to get three or four different styles in your chosen colour scheme and scatter them around casually to create a welcoming look.
Ready to furnish and decorate your outdoor lounge space? Come into Flower Power for everything you need to get the job done – including convenient Sydney-wide delivery service.