How to choose the perfect outdoor furniture
Every home needs an outdoor entertaining area to relax with a good book or eat and chat with company while you soak up some fresh air. Whether yours is a balcony, courtyard or garden, Flower Power has a huge range of modern and durable outdoor furniture to suit every outdoor space.
Create your dream outdoor space by following these four tips to choosing the perfect outdoor furniture:
1. Have a vision. Are you wanting to create a space to relax and read a book or somewhere to host friends and family for dinner? If space won't allow for both, it's time to prioritise what's most important to you.
2. Buy for your space. If you have a courtyard or balcony, limit your search to small, compact pieces and settings to avoid a cluttered feel. If you have plenty of room, create zones with several pieces, such an an outdoor dining setting and an outdoor lounge setting, to add cosiness. Take note of dimensions and mark out how a setting will sit in your space so you can get a feel for it prior to buying.
3. Create a mood. Consider outdoor cushions, pots and plants to make the space feel more inviting and warm.
4. Buy quality furniture made for outdoor use. To further assist longevity, always follow product care advice.
Balcony furniture ideas to make the most of your space
With housing at a premium in Sydney, many of us are living in more compact quarters and taking advantage of the vertical space offered by apartment buildings. But you can still enjoy outdoor living to the fullest with a balcony. Here are a few great outdoor furniture balcony, courtyard or patio ideas to help make the most of your compact space.
2. Try an occasional chair or garden bench for some space-saving balcony comfort. Pair either option with a side table to ensure you've got somewhere to rest your coffee cup!
3. If outdoor dining is something that appeals, a space-conscious two-seater setting could make this dream a reality.
4. Keen to lounge? We've got some fantastic petite lounges that offer plenty of comfort in smaller spaces. A two-seater lounge setting such as our Lawrence is ideal for a small space, with a small side table and foot rests offering modular configurability. Alternatively, small-scale settings like our Tobago provide comfy seating without the sprawl of some of our grander pieces. Finally, ranges like Tallow allow you to mix and match pieces to create your ideal setting - choose a single chair rather than two, go for the smaller two-seater sofa or forgo the coffee table in favour of a side table to save on space.
Where to buy the best outdoor furniture in Sydney
Shop the best indoor and outdoor furniture at Flower Power. We have ten Garden Centres, or you can take advantage of our online shop and 7 day delivery service, so you don't even have to leave home to create an outdoor space you'll love.