Outdoor Dining Furniture
When blessed with a climate that’s the envy of the world, you’re going to want to make sure you have the perfect outdoor furniture to soak it up, together with great food and even better company. Whether it’s an outdoor table, dining table or dining chairs, at Flower Power you’ll find everything you need to kick back, relax and enjoy the great outdoors – whether your space is a pint-sized patio or a sweeping garden.
Indoor and outdoor dining furniture
Whether your outdoor space is a tiny balcony, a compact courtyard or a generous garden, there’s no better purpose for it than using it as an outdoor dining room – the perfect spot for food, wine and friends in our fantastic Sydney weather.
But how to make a great outdoor dining area? Find your ideal outdoor dining table and chairs, lounge and dining setting or balcony set at Flower Power, then just kick back, relax and enjoy the great outdoors from the comfort of your outdoor dining furniture.
Or, explore our range of dining room furniture sourced by our expert buyers from around the world. We’ve got everything you need to give your dining room personality and style right here.
Plus, if you’re in the Sydney metro area, you can take advantage of our delivery service and create your dream home and garden without ever leaving your house.
How to decorate my dining room?
Here are the pieces we think are essential for a great dining room:
- Table. Choose one that’s big enough for your entertaining style, without overwhelming the space.
- Chairs. Ideally they would match the table, but at the very least they should have some similar elements, such as the material or style. These should be comfortable enough that your guests will want to linger around the dinner table long after the food is gone.
- Console. No matter how big your table is, you’ll also want space to put extra food, bottles of wine and spare napkins. You can also pop a lamp or candles on here for more relaxed lighting. When not in use, you can pop fresh flowers or ornaments on here.
- Mirror. A mirror will make a smaller space feel bigger and will reflect your flickering candle lights to add to ambiance.
Side table. Or a bar cart. After the main event, it’s nice to be able to pour guests an after dinner drink without leaving the party!
- Vase. For fresh flowers, or artificial ones if that’s more your style.
- Linens. Nice napkins, placemats and tablecloths go a long way to setting the scene.
- Good lighting. Choose a lamp rather than overhead lights, which can be a little intense for dinner. Or opt for candles, but leave scented ones unlit until after dinner.
- Servingware. Presentation is everything, after all.
- Cutlery and crockery. So you can eat.
How to make a great outdoor dining area
As a general rule, the furniture you need for your outdoor dining room is the same as you need for your dining room.
You’ll need a great, stylish outdoor dining table that’s big enough to fit your needs. If all you’ve got space for is a two seater garden table, that’s totally fine. You can always add a few stools to have extra guests for drinks. Choose a high quality outdoor dining table so it will survive living outdoors and being exposed to the elements for years to come.
Comfortable chairs are a must. You want your guests to relax for a meal or drinks, and that requires somewhere nice to park themselves. If your preferred chairs aren’t super comfortable, add some stylish outdoor cushions in fun colours and patterns that can withstand the elements, or that you can store indoors.
A console. If you have the space, an extra surface to serve the same purpose as a console in your dining room is great. This could be an ottoman, a side table, or even a spare chair – outdoor dining rooms are all about multipurpose pieces.
In place of a bar cart, you may want an ice bucket – outdoor dining calls for cold rose and bottles of Champagne rather than formal cocktails. You might also want an esky, so you don’t have to keep running back to the kitchen.
Then add all the same little extras as for a dining room: swap the electric lamp for a candle lamp and show off some of your home grown greenery instead of cut flowers and you’re ready to go!
Where to buy outdoor dining furniture
If you’re ready to furnish or upgrade your outdoor dining furniture, you’ve come to the right place. Flower Power’s range of stylish, high-quality indoor and outdoor furniture has been sourced by expert buyers from around the world and brought to you in one of our 10 convenient Sydney locations. And if you need help deciding what furniture goes in a dining room, we can answer all your questions.
Whether you’re looking for a garden table and outdoor chairs or a dining room set, you’ll find the perfect pieces here at Flower Power. And with delivery available to the Sydney metro area, the perfect dining experience has never been easier.