We do not sell data.
Types of personal information collected
The types of personal information that we collect and hold will vary depending on your dealings with us. This information may include any or all of the following:
- name, address(es), telephone number(s) and other contact details;
- electronic address(es);
- payment information (such as credit card or bank details);
- skills and employment related information (including your CV) should you seek employment with us;
- skills and employment related information (including your CV) should you seek to be engaged as a horticultural or other trade apprentice with Flower Power or one of its wholly owned production nursery subsidiaries. All apprenticeship applications will be forwarded to our nominated Registered Training Organisation (‘RTO’) partner(s) and/or Apprenticeship & Trainee registered organisation(s);
- other personal information required to provide our services;
- transaction details relating to your use of our products, services or benefits; and
- contact with the Company on various social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
We may collect your sensitive information but only if you choose to provide it to us. If you agree to provide us with sensitive information, we will only use it in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
You do not have to provide us with any personal information, however if you do not do so, we may not be able to provide you with the products, services or benefits you have requested.
How we collect personal information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, such as:
- when you submit information through our website;
- in person;
- in the course of us providing you with a requested product, service or benefit; or
- when you have other dealings with us.
We may collect personal information through:
- our business partners;
- third parties who supply services to us (e.g. Garden Care Franchisees and Gift Card service provider).
Why we collect, use and disclose personal information
We will collect personal information for the following purposes:
- to establish and maintain your relationship with us;
- to provide the products or services you have requested from us;
- to make our services or products more valuable or useful to you;
- to facilitate the orderly processing of store and/or online transactions and procedures; or
- to answer any enquiry you may make.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties who work with us in our business to provide, promote or improve the products or services you have requested or are interested in, such as:
- manufacturers and suppliers; couriers and delivery contractors;
- marketing consultants and data entry companies;
- website hosts;
- gift card service providers; and
- consultants and professional advisers.
We will also use and disclose your personal information to send direct marketing to you from us.
The direct marketing may relate to:
- our products and services;
- the products and services of other parties that may add value to our products and services; or
- new developments or promotional offers we believe may be of interest to you.
You may opt out of receiving this direct marketing through the Unsubscribe function that will be made available to you with each direct marketing communication.
How we store and protect personal information
We store personal information in a combination of computer storage facilities, paper-based files and other records. In so doing, we have taken numerous steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Additionally, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when we no longer need it.
The internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, other than where we use secure socket layer technology (SSL) to ensure information is securely transmitted and processed, we cannot and do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the internet, or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
Do we send personal information overseas?
From time to time, we will disclose some of your personal information for the purposes described above (e.g. mechanisms for direct marketing), to organisations that are based in the United States or Europe.
By providing your personal information to us, you consent to our disclosure of your personal information to organisations in those countries even though it may not receive the same protections that it would in Australia. You may request us not to transfer your personal information to the countries or regions listed above, but if you do so we may not be able to provide the services or products you have requested from us.
How you can access your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal details change, such as your address or phone number, please contact our Privacy Officer by email at the address detailed below.
At your request, we will provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you, unless an exception under the Privacy Act 1988 applies. We may charge a fee for retrieving this information, in which case we will inform you of the fee and obtain your agreement to that fee before providing the information.
We will promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaint about the way we manage personal information.
Information is also generated whenever a page is accessed on our website that records information such as the time, date and specific page. We collect such information for statistical and maintenance purposes that enables us to continually evaluate and improve our website performance and user experience.
How to contact us or make a complaint
The Privacy Officer,
40 Grady Crescent,
Erskine Park NSW 2759.
We will take reasonable steps to remedy any issues resulting from our failure to comply with our privacy obligations.
Last updated December 2015.