Refunds and returns policy
Flower Power’s returns and refunds policy operates in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law, because we want you to be happy with your purchase, whether in-store or online. Please read the following carefully to ensure you are fully aware of your rights under this policy and our obligations to you.
Change of mind
Flower Power is not required by law to provide a refund or replacement if you change your mind about a purchase. However, we want you to love our products as much as we do, so we may within our discretion offer an exchange or issue an exchange voucher to the value of the item in specific circumstances, providing the following criteria are met:
- It is within 14 days of the purchase date;
- You provide a valid and intact proof of purchase;
- The goods are unused, in saleable condition and in their original packaging with tags attached; and
- The product does not fall into any of the exclusion categories listed below; and
- For online purchases only – you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly to organise the exchange. Please include your order number and the items you wish to exchange in this email.
Provided the above conditions are met, our team will be in contact to discuss an appropriate resolution. Please note that for change of mind returns, the full cost and organisation of postage is the responsibility of the buyer, regardless of any shipping promotions that may have applied at the time of purchase.
Exchange vouchers are valid for 1 year. Treat exchange voucher numbers like cash as they cannot be replaced easily should you lose them. Exchange vouchers can be used for any amount (limited to the total value of the balance on the card) until the balance is zero, or it has expired. Each time you use your exchange voucher you will be issued with a new exchange voucher number for any balance remaining on the voucher.
On our website, we aim to provide detailed and accurate descriptions for all products to assist with your purchase decisions. While we endeavour to provide as much information as possible, please note that the plant images on our website are intended as an indication of your plant’s future growth potential, and may not reflect the size of the plant you receive. Please pay careful attention to the pot size selected – the measurement refers to the diameter of the pot itself.
Please note, there are certain product categories upon which we can’t accept change of mind returns.
- Clearance stock of any sort, including permanently discounted lines and floor stock;
- Flower Power Gift Cards;
- Products ordered for commercial use;
- Products delivered directly from a supplier to you, for example turf and pavers;
- Products described as “Customer Order”.
Faulty/damaged goods under warranties
In addition to the manufacturers’ guarantees for selected products, Flower Power and its suppliers provide a guarantee of acceptable quality on every product, by law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund should the product have a major fault, and additionally a refund for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. If the goods fail to be of acceptable quality but this failure does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced.
Refund or exchange of faulty goods
Flower Power may provide a refund, exchange or repair for goods deemed faulty in the following circumstances:
- You provide valid and intact proof of purchase;
- The goods are assessed by Flower Power as being faulty; and
- For online purchases only – you must send an email including your order number and clear photos detailing the faults to email@example.com
Provided the above conditions are met, we will be in touch to help find an appropriate solution.
If your goods are deemed faulty and a refund is the most appropriate course of action, it will be issued in the same tender as the original transaction. For example:
- Debit and credit card refunds must be processed onto the card used for the initial purchase. If your refund is transacted in-store, you must physically present this card for the refund to be processed.
- If you paid cash you will receive a cash refund.
- If you used Garden Lovers Club reward vouchers toward your purchase, these will be added back onto your Garden Lovers Club membership. This process can take up to five business days.
Any Garden Lovers Club member reward points earned for the initial purchase will be deducted from your Garden Lovers Club points balance when the refund is processed.
Without proof of purchase
If Flower Power cannot be satisfied that you purchased the product directly from us, by law, we are entitled to elect whether or not to accept your product for return and refund of the purchase price.
Trade account refund/exchange
If you are a Trade Account customer and you are presenting goods for return or exchange, a copy of the original invoice must be presented in-store along with the goods to arrange an Account Credit.
Commercial quantities are not returnable.
Unfortunately we cannot offer a refund or exchange on the following items:
- Commercial product quantities
- Custom-made products
- Any product/s specifically cut to size at the customer’s request
- Special customer orders, i.e. products which are not ranged